Wednesday 15 May 2019

Actual work desk soon?!

So I've just been working on our dining table for the last couple years, or on the coffee table, neither of which is exactly optimised for a computer setup. But!!! Last night I ordered a desk for myself and my partner, after comparing... so... so many online. I'll have a real workspace!

I'm really nervous about it because I went through eBay... at first I was going to use DShop, but they just have so many bad reviews... like, 50% of customers report damaged, clearly secondhand furniture being delivered without the screws needed to put it together, totally different type of desk delivered etc... and that getting a reply out of their customer service team is near-impossible. So even though half the people shopping there seem okay, it just doesn't seem like it's worth the risk.

The eBay seller probably is sourcing their desks from the same warehouse as DShop, I suspect, but I feel a little more confident having eBay's buyer protection stuff and PayPal's refund stuff. I compared all the sellers on eBay with the type of desk I wanted, and then carefully read all their user feedback - the one I picked hadn't really sold many pieces of furniture, and they didn't have 100% positive reviews, but I liked that they at least responded to the couple negative feedback messages they received... like, buying something and then having the seller refuse to respond at all is the worst. Though even if there was a problem and that happened, again, eBay protection...

So, I really hope the desks work out, I don't wanna have to go through finding one again... but at the very least, I'm unlikely to have just thrown my money into a void... though I hope they aren't damage and require me to send them back because yikes, the idea of repackaging a desk sounds like the worst.

Anyway, just needed to get that out somewhere. Here's my planner accountability check!


No comments:

Post a Comment