Friday 21 June 2019

2 in 1, again

Didn't blog last week so it's another 2-in-1 post!

CW: impending talk about bodily functions and ailments related to them.

Had my first diverticulitis attack in about a year and a half just after my birthday, so was a little run down for a lot of the week. I think my immunity dropped after a stomach bug the week before and Too Many Chillies the week before that. I see all these tweets about "hurr X always brings up their digestion when people talk about spicy food" with the implication that the person isn't as culturally broad-minded as others because they can't handle a vindaloo, but look, buddy... chillies can literally send me to the hospital if I have more than a tiny bit in one sitting, it's not some kind of not willing to eat certain cuisines thing, it's a 'my bowels are filled with small holes and chillies can turn those into small _hell_ holes of bacterial infections'.

Until I developed diverticular pouches in my gut, I loved eating jalapenos and spicy dishes T_T Now I can still enjoy eating them, but not so much the pain from resulting infections that sometimes actually stop me from being able to walk they're so severe.

Hey man, let me have a little salt here in this small oasis of Dealing With Our Shit.

And, that said: even if someone just didn't like spicy food because of their taste preferences, that's fine too. Ditching on someone for that makes as much sense as calling someone out for not liking strawberry icecream.

And I love strawberry icecream. Even if... these days I can only eat the dairy-free kind. Sob.





I finally launched my portfolio website, but I won't link it here yet... I kinda want to just let it air out on the internet unsung for a while, and just link potential employers to it. I'm happy with it, though as always there's always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment